James Regan is a partner of Satterlee Stephens LLP. He concentrates his practice in commercial litigation and also advises clients on intellectual property transactions.
Mr. Regan has experience in a broad range of complex litigation including matters involving securities, credit card fraud liability, copyright, trademark, trade secrets, antitrust, and defamation. Mr. Regan also has significant experience in bankruptcy litigation.
- Defending credit rating agency in multiple actions in various jurisdictions in connection with its ratings of structured finance securities, including RMBS and CDO securitizations;
- Litigating rights of credit card acquiring bank in actions pending in District of New Jersey, District of Utah and District of Massachusetts bankruptcy court stemming from chargebacks due to merchant bankruptcy and merchant fraud;
- Representing credit card acquiring bank in insurance coverage litigation in S.D.N.Y.
- Defending insurance broker in malpractice actions pending in S.D.N.Y. and New Jersey state court;
- Successfully defended CDO indenture trustee before the New York Appellate Division, First Department
- Defended and favorably resolved claims against reality TV show producer and distributor in trademark infringement action in S.D.N.Y.;
- Successfully defended newspaper and reporter in defamation action before New York Appellate Division, First Department;
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Regan was a Skadden Fellow at the Community Law Office of the Legal Aid Society in New York. Mr. Regan also clerked for the Honorable Victor Marrero of the United States District Court of the Southern District of New York. Mr. Regan is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Mr. Regan earned his undergraduate degree (A.B.) magna cum laude from Georgetown University and his law degree (J.D.) cum laude from Fordham Law School, where he served as Writing and Research Editor for the Fordham Law Review.