Walter A. Saurack is a partner of Satterlee Stephens LLP.
Mr. Saurack is a trial attorney with over 20 years of experience in a broad array of complex commercial litigation and regulatory matters, particularly on behalf of financial institutions and real estate developers.
Mr. Saurack has successfully litigated matters nationwide before FINRA, the AAA, and in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, including securities, RICO, banking, employment, insurance coverage, insurance broker malpractice, attorney malpractice, and real estate disputes.
Additionally, Mr. Saurack, whose prior experience includes service as an Assistant District Attorney, regularly counsels clients on employment, criminal and regulatory issues. He represents clients in state and federal governmental investigations and conducts internal investigations.
- Representing real estate developer and executives in defense of $100 million RICO claims related to Trump real estate projects, pending in the Southern District of New York;
- Representing real estate developer and executives in defense of $250 million Qui Tam tax case related to Trump real estate projects, pending in New York’s Commercial Department;
- Defense of financial institutions in court and before FINRA in disputes related to suitability, churning, selling away, front-running, anti-money laundering, compensation, discrimination, restrictive covenants, and raiding and before FINRA and the SEC in regulatory and criminal matters;
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of former president/board member of Carl Icahn pharmaceutical companies;
- Tried multiple FINRA hearings on behalf of broker dealer in defense and prosecution of auction rate securities claims; and
- Successfully obtained default judgment on counterclaims, dismissal of adversary’s complaint and attorneys’ fees on behalf of publishing company following a trial on spoliation in the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Saurack is a FINRA Arbitrator who has been assigned to various FINRA panels. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Employment and Labor Relations Committee, Committee on Arbitration, and ADR. He was also a member of The Commercial Law & Uniform State Laws Committee of the New York City Bar Association (2012-2014).