At Satterlee Stephens LLP, we excel in providing high-quality representation in litigation, arbitration, negotiation and mediation and alternative dispute resolution services. Our attorneys have extensive trial and appellate experie
Our lawyers are strategic, aggressive litigators who regularly represent clients in federal and state courts. This includes handling complex litigation matters in bench and jury trials. In addition, we represent clients in alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation hearings.
Our attorneys frequently litigate fast-paced matters such as preliminary injunctions and prior restraint cases, and other matters where sophisticated trials and appeals occur in a matter of days or weeks. Our trial attorneys are aggressive, pragmatic and result-oriented. Our extensive trial experience enables us to negotiate from a position of strength and to obtain excellent results for our clients, both in the negotiation process and in the courtroom. In every case, our goal is to obtain the best possible result in the most expeditious and cost-effective mannernce. We try cases in federal and state courts across the country. Our firm is accustomed to litigating fast-paced and complex matters whenever such matters arise.
The Litigation And Dispute Resolution Services We Provide
Our firm represents businesses and individuals in a wide variety of disputes arising in New York or across the country, in a wide range of industries. We are there for you during:
- Appeals: The attorneys at Satterlee Stephens LLP include capable and polished appellate advocates who have handled appeals in federal and state courts in New York and across the country.
- Arbitration and mediation: We regularly represent clients in alternative dispute resolution matters. Our attorneys routinely assist clients in negotiating and drafting agreements that provide for alternative dispute resolution. We also represent clients in such proceedings and have appeared in all of the major arbitration forums, including JAMS, AAA, NAM and FINRA. In addition, some of our partners are qualified mediators and/or arbitrators in their own right, and can be retained independently as such.
- Banking litigation: We provide services relating to foreclosures and loan workouts, consumer credit compliance issues, international banking disputes, compliance with state and federal laws, bank mergers and acquisitions and other services.
- Construction litigation: Our attorneys represent companies engaged in construction disputes across the country.
- Estate and tax litigation: In conjunction with our Private Client Group, we fight for you in terms of preserving estate and assets while reducing expense estate taxation.
- Insurance: We understand insurance-related issues regarding potential for coverage of underlying business or employment disputes and controversies relating to coverage. The lawyers at Satterlee Stephens LLP advise clients in connection with coverage issues, handle matters as panel counsel or otherwise under the guidance of carriers, and litigate adversary proceedings where coverage is at issue. We have represented individuals and companies seeking coverage, as well as insurers and brokers in matters involving claims of coverage and/or professional liability.
- Investigations: Our experience allows for us to provide effective representation regarding internal and external investigations. As a mid-sized firm relatively unencumbered by any conflicts, we are capable of providing independent investigatory representation as well as representation of individuals or parties involved in larger corporate investigations.
- Professional liability: We advise and represent clients in connection with matters concerning professional liability, including such matters brought against accountants and accounting firms, attorneys and law firms, and insurance agents and brokers.
- Securities litigation: Our attorneys represent clients in disputes arising from the purchase and sales of securities. We handle everything from individual actions, including FINRA arbitrations, concerning the services of brokers or investment advisors, to complex class actions and derivative lawsuits. We represent shareholders or other business owners regarding their respective rights and responsibilities. The Firm's lawyers have experience with sophisticated products such as CDOs, credit default swaps (CDS), mortgage-backed securities (MBS), auction rate securities (ABS), exchange traded funds (ETF) and FX vehicles, among others. We represent clients in controversies in the federal and state courts, or in arbitration, and in connection with investigative and regulatory matters involving securities, including investigations and enforcement actions by the SEC, DOJ, FINRA and other U.S. regulators.