Satterlee Stephens LLP has been at the forefront of representation of U.S. employers and companies planning on moving to the United States that are grappling with immigration and nationality questions. We understand the needs of employers in hiring the most highly qualified employees.
Our attorneys understand how to assist businesses maneuver through all the red tape accompanying our nation's immigration laws. Kenneth A. Schultz and Ted J. Chiappari lead our immigration and nationality practice. These are two experienced immigration lawyers who excel in this area of law and intimately understand the legal aspects of international travel by employees.
Immigration Services Our Lawyers Provide For Employers And Employees
Our law firm represents businesses and their employees in every aspect of business immigration matters. The wide range of legal services we provide in the area of employment based immigration and nationalization include:
- Legal entry into the United States and maintenance of lawful status: Our services prevent complications from arising when foreign nationals are employed in the U.S., and our tracking system automatically advises clients of key expiration dates.
- Arranging for temporary work-authorized visa status: With our experience in this area, we know how to acquire visas smoothly and how to craft creative solutions.
- Lawful permanent residence and green card status: We know the steps for having green cards issued for employees. We make the process transparent and predictable for both employers and employees.
- Loss of permanent residence and expatriation issues: Our attorneys understand the broad array of requirements and tax implications that U.S. citizens and long-term residents face when residing on a temporary or permanent basis in another country, and can advise on how best to maintain or surrender the green card while on assignment abroad.
- Family-based immigration: Our attorneys assist on family-based immigration issues in an effort to meet all of the employees' needs.
- Global mobility issues faced by employees: Our efforts allow for employees to move freely from country to county when conducting business on behalf of your company. We also have an extended network of colleagues and law firms across the globe allowing us to resolve global mobility issues that our clients face.
- I-9 compliance and work site enforcement: We make certain that employers manage compliance risk appropriately.